View IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library (Video 4), on “The Interplay of IBS in IBD,” and enjoy the IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library educational experience for gastroenterology fellows by also viewing videos 5-11 on the IBD Clinical Hub. If you have not yet viewed Video 1, the introduction to this video series, please watch it here before proceeding to watch videos 2 -11 in order.
- Explain hypothesis that IBS pathophysiology relates to disorders of brain-gut interaction
- Explain how symptoms may differentiate IBS from IBD
- Explain that escalation of IBD therapy should not be done based on clinical symptoms only
- Demonstrate empathy regarding impact of IBS symptoms on patient’s quality of life
- Communicate therapeutic approaches to treating IBS
*Please note these videos depict simulations of possible clinical care scenarios (using actors as patients), intended for use by physicians in training for educational and informational purposes only. They are not intended for use by the public, and must not be used as medical advice or to determine diagnosis or treatment. Any individual having gastrointestinal symptoms, or any symptoms of illness, should see their own physician or healthcare provider for medical evaluation, diagnosis, and advice.
An Educational Partnership between: