View IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library (Video 3), on “ Post-Operative Management of Crohn’s Disease & Initiation of a Biologic,” and enjoy the IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library educational experience for gastroenterology fellows by also viewing videos 4-11 on the IBD Clinical Hub. If you have not yet viewed Video 1, the introduction to this video series, please watch it here before proceeding to watch videos 2 -11 in order.
- Understand general concepts in post-operative management of Crohn’s disease, including rationale for starting medication post-operatively
- Review risk factors for post-operative recurrence
- Understand follow-up & long-term management of patients after bowel resection in Crohn’s disease, including timing of follow-up colonoscopies
- Understand concepts in initiation of biologic therapy, including how to discuss initiation of a biologic with patients
- Observe an example of shared decision-making when choosing new therapy for a patient
*Please note these videos depict simulations of possible clinical care scenarios (using actors as patients), intended for use by physicians in training for educational and informational purposes only. They are not intended for use by the public, and must not be used as medical advice or to determine diagnosis or treatment. Any individual having gastrointestinal symptoms, or any symptoms of illness, should see their own physician or healthcare provider for medical evaluation, diagnosis, and advice.
An Educational Partnership between: