View IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library (Video 8), on “Fibrostenotic Crohn’s Disease & Need for Surgical Management,” and enjoy the IBD Clinical Case Simulation Training Video Library educational experience for gastroenterology fellows by also viewing videos 9-11 on the IBD Clinical Hub. If you have not yet viewed Video 1, the introduction to this video series, please watch it here before proceeding to watch videos 2 -11 in order.
- Understand symptoms of intestinal obstruction and how to diagnose stricturing Crohn’s disease
- Communicate effectively the risks and benefits of treatment options for stricturing Crohn’s disease (medical, endoscopy, surgery)
- Communicate effectively the need for surgical intervention
- Understand the pre-communication about the need for post-operative therapy after resection
- Assess barriers to understanding risk for surgery
- Understand the importance of shared decision-making
*Please note these videos depict simulations of possible clinical care scenarios (using actors as patients), intended for use by physicians in training for educational and informational purposes only. They are not intended for use by the public, and must not be used as medical advice or to determine diagnosis or treatment. Any individual having gastrointestinal symptoms, or any symptoms of illness, should see their own physician or healthcare provider for medical evaluation, diagnosis, and advice.
An Educational Partnership between: