ESC Asia 2021 with APSC & AFC: Expanding Boundaries of Cardiovascular Medicine
ESC Asia with APSC & AFC – held online from 2 to 4 December – will cover the full spectrum of cardiology during a packed program. The scientific congress is organized by the European Society of Cardiology (ESC), the Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology (APSC), and the Asean Federation of Cardiology (AFC). Explore the scientific program here.
Original science will be presented in the scientific abstracts. Among them:
- Comparison of treatments for patients hospitalized with severe COVID-19 disease.
- Digital twin technology to lower cardiovascular risk and reverse type 2 diabetes.
- Imaging to assess heart structure and function in hospitalized adults with COVID-19.
- Links between central obesity and high blood pressure, diabetes, and dyslipidemia.
- Lifestyle behaviors during the pandemic including diet, exercise, and smoking.
Plus sessions with experts from across the globe exploring the hottest topics of the day. Such as:
- Current controversies in antithrombotic therapy: should aspirin be used by healthy people to prevent heart disease?
- Pregnancy in women with cardiovascular disease: how should they be treated and who is at risk of adverse outcomes?
- Management of diabetes mellitus in patients with cardiovascular disease: including the burden of diabetes in Asia and the latest evidence to guide clinical practice.
- Artificial intelligence in cardiology: challenges and opportunities.
- Myocarditis associated with COVID vaccines: experiences from the US, Europe, and Asia.
Stay tuned for the first presentation of the Goal-Asia study, which will be conducted by the Asia Pacific Cardio Metabolic Consortium (APCMC). Associate Professor Khung Keong Yeo, Scientific Committee Co-Chair said: “The APCMC is a group of leading Asia Pacific experts in the field of cardiometabolic diseases, which include diabetes and high cholesterol. Working closely with the APSC, the group will present two talks. The first will introduce Goal-Asia, which aims to improve clinical outcomes in heart attack patients by improving cholesterol control. The second is an overview of the state of cardiometabolic disease in China."
Professor Michel Komajda, Organising Committee Chair and Scientific Committee Co-Chair said: “Get ready for the best science in cardiovascular medicine from the Asia Pacific region. With novel studies and in-depth discussions on today’s controversial issues – all from a regional perspective – ESC Asia with APSC & AFC promises to be an event like no other.”
Registration is free for accredited journalists. Mark your calendar and register now.